Saturday 31 March 2012

Works in progress


I'm making plans to up the vintage scale.

I'm not one for resolutions but I have a few things in mind to fix/improve. It's about time I sorted out my "look" for want of a better word. I do love the vintage look and dyed hair, but I tend not to live up to it very often.


My wardrobe
I have a few vintage or rock outfits, but it's just so much easier to slip on some jeans and a tshirt, especially as I have some poundage to lose - reference monster-arm below.

I've already chopped up a few of my t-shirts to make them more lady-like (no loose wotsits for me) so now I just need to throw out all the grotty clothes and wear the nice ones.

Like the peacock blue Mary dress I want to win from Heyday! How wicked is this:


Resolution: More dresses/effort, less jeans.

Hair
In January I dyed my hair red again like the pic on the left





But I'm so awful at keeping it up  that I spend most of my time with tangerine-head like this: 




But I want to spend more time with pincurled hair, which I've managed about three times last year. Like this (please ignore scary monster-arm)

So many split ends as well. I need to cut it baaaaadly. So, resolution - More hair maintenance. Someone on twitter suggested mixing some dye into my shampoo, so I'm going to give it a go, and generally make more time for hair-setting.

My weight
A constant torment. Biscuits are so delicious. Apart from said biscuits, my diet isn't terrible. It's time to actually move around a bit maybe. Resolution: Go swimming in the mornings.

I realise I'll be in need of a very good swimming cap for this. Any suggestions?





No comments:

Post a Comment