Sunday 1 January 2012

2012 book list

I read a lot. A lot. Mostly trash though. Joined a book group last year to up the class of book I read, time to start recording my thoughts on them

Book devourer


Books I'm currently reading/waiting to read:

A Game of Thrones - Loving it
Gone with the Wind - Not impressed so far.
Lord of Chaos

Ironically, none of these are classy at all. Gone with the Wind is awful, Scarlett O'Hara is just a horrible imaginary human being.

Books of note in 2011:

The Help - excellent

The Poison Tree -  Highly recommended.
When God was a Rabbit - Not bad at all
How to be a woman, Caitlin Moran - Highly recommended
We Need to talk about Kevin - Excellent
Girl With the Dragon Tattoo series - pretty cool
Dark Matter - spooooky
A whole bunch of Terry Pratchett, particularly:
Snuff - not bad, not amazing
I Shall Wear Midnight - great story, perfect end to the heroine's story arc

No comments:

Post a Comment